January 11, 2017 by Adrian Stubbs
On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 several deputies of the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office Reserve Branch were honored during its Annual Reserve Recognition Dinner. The dinner was held at the Hudson Grill Midtown, starting at 7 PM.
Major David Adcock, the MC (master of ceremony) for the evening, welcomed all to this special annual event. His audience consisted of members of the Command Staff, namely Sheriff Ted Jackson, Chief Deputy Jimmy Carter and Lt. Colonel Maria McKee; Divisional staff members; retirees and reservists.
Major Adcock presented a review of some of the major highlights from 2016 and discussed some plans growing the Reserve Branch in 2017. The 2016 highlights are as follows:
- 171 active Reserve Branch members
- 23,623 hours of service provided by Reserve Branch members to the citizens of Fulton County at no cost
- Nearly $500,000.00 in savings for Fulton County
After the swearing in ceremony, Major Adcock presented the service awards, commendations and recognitions to the award recipients.
Significant Service Awards
The following deputies were honored and presented with certificates for arriving at significant service milestones in their law enforcement careers within the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office.
Ten Years of Service
Deputy Galo Bascope Deputy Jeffery Rosser Deputy Joseph White
Deputy Rocky Young
Fifteen Years of Service
Sgt. Joseph Chevalier
Twenty Years of Service
Deputy Horace Gilbert Deputy Tuohy
Deputy Jack Farabaugh
Twenty-Five Years of Service
Deputy Gerald Anderson
Deputy Monroe Feldman
- Administrative Service – Cynthia Lovejoy-Norman
- Meritorious Service – K9 Chip and Deputy Missy Schmidt
- 2016 Training Officer of the Year – Sgt. Travin Hill
- 2016 Administrative Service Award – Sgt. Adrian Stubbs
- 2016 ERU Officer of the Year – Deputy Gerald Adams
Law Enforcement Division
- 2016 Lieutenant of the Year – Lt. Buford Smith
- 2016 Sergeant of the Year – Sgt. Chris Bolt
- 2016 Deputy of the Year – Deputy Saeed Mahallati
- 2016 Rookie of the Year – Deputy Brad Sapir
- 2016 Sergeant of the Year – Sgt. Chris Singh
- 2016 Deputy of the Year – Deputy Jack Farabaugh
- 2016 JRT Member of the Year – Deputy Leidelmeijer
- 2016 Sergeant of the Year – Sgt. Haywood Cooper
- 2016 Deputy of the Year – Deputy Nikita Lee
- 2016 Reserve Special Service Award (Honor Guard) – Deputy Joseph White
Congratulations to all our deputies on their achievements in 2016. It is our sincere wish that 2017 will be a much better year for all of us as we continue to service the citizens of Fulton County with dedication and integrity.